On this episode 9 Great Coaches talk about Listening and how they use it build trust and connect with their teams.
The key points are:
- Listening is a skill that is fundamental to effective leadership; and if done well it will help you evolve into a Transformational leader.
- When you are humble enough to admit that you don’t have all the answers and listen to the ideas of your team, it will build more trust; and ultimately lead to deeper and more rewarding relationships.
- You should listen with a view to responding in the best way possible, and this may mean tempering your own passion or enthusiasm.
- Listening well will help you acquire new information that you can use to evolve your coaching philosophy.
- ‘Magical’ things can happen when you are open to listening to others’ ideas in high performing teams.