On this podcast we feature advice from 12 Great Coaches on building Resilience.
The key points are:
- Uncomfortable places are where your real growth and change will come, so when they present themselves step into them knowing that something good will come from the situation.
- Create situations in training that will replicate the pressure that people will experience in the game. An example of this is small competitions that normalize performance stress or anxiety.
- Balance the pressure you place on the team, by a focus on selflessness and gratitude, so that people look beyond their own experience and feelings.
- Don’t wait for adversity to talk to your team about embracing suffering for theirs and the groups development, do it before pressure comes.
Files included in this lesson:
- Podcast Transcript in PDF
- Videos as per thumbnails below