On this episode 18 Great Coaches talk about Commitment and how and how it connects passion with your goals.
The key lessons I have taken on away on the topic of Commitment from our interview guests are:
- Passion is the starting point for anyone who wants to achieve a goal that is, in the words of one of our great coaches, something that most people would never even dream of.
- Then you form expectations that are internally driven and commit to a plan to help you achieve your goals.
- The goals you set should be stretching, and in the top end of your performance potential. And the goals do not need to be defined by the end result such as winning a gold medal or championship.
- As a coach or leader helping someone achieve their goals, you need to be able to explain why you are asking them to do what you are advising. While also helping them manage the distractions that can de-rail their commitment.
- And, finally, your commitment as the leader will need to be greater than the person or team that you are leading towards their goal.
Files included in this lesson:
- Podcast Transcript in PDF
- Videos as per thumbnails below