This episode pulls together the thoughts that over 100 Great Coaches from around the world; men and women who have won multiple Olympic medals and championships both regionally, nationally and on the world stage; have shared with us on the topic of Leadership.
The key points are:
- The best definition of leadership from the Great Coaches is the ability to influence in a way that allows people to thrive.
- When you embrace a leadership role you become a role model and you must be prepared to act when you see something that is not right.
- The skill of leadership will be more important than your technical knowledge.
- There are different types of leadership styles you can use, and these evolve as you develop.
- As you soon as you influence someone you are exhibiting leadership, and therefore it is the responsibility of everyone in the team.
Files included in this lesson:
- Podcast Transcript in PDF
- Videos as per thumbnails below