This podcast is on the topic of Self Belief, and it features audio quotes from 18 Great Coaches.
The key points are:
- Success as a coach is leaving a legacy of improved self-belief in those that you have coached, so that they are able to flourish and be the best versions of themselves.
- Doubt grows naturally within people, but for most of us we need a little help to build self-belief, and this is where a coach can help.
- A key first step in helping people build belief is to let people know that the skills and energy that they bring are good enough. From there you explain the role the person needs to play.
- As setbacks or failure then occur you help the individual through building a failure recovery plan that is relevant for them.
- However, it is important to be proactive and address the pressure, anxiety or fear the athlete is feeling before it impacts their self-belief too greatly.
- A sense of confidence helps maintain self-belief and the coach can help with this by working with the athlete to articulate their goals and use positive language.
Files included in this lesson:
- Podcast Transcript in PDF
- Videos as per thumbnails below